Port of Spain, Trinidad: Wednesday, October 31, 2018: The National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago joins with the Steel Pan and national communities in congratulating Pan Trinbago on its recently held elections on Sunday, October 28, at the Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive Compound.
When the final vote was tallied, it would be Black Rock, Tobago-born, Beverly Ramsey-Moore, Petrotrin Katzenjammers Steel Orchestra manager, standing as the 17th President, and the first woman to hold the position in Pan Trinbago’s celebrated 72-year history.
Mrs. Ramsey-Moore’s victory would indeed set the tone, as her “Team Rebuild” secured nine of the ten contested positions. (See results below).
The NCC congratulates Mrs. Ramsey-Moore and her team on their victory, and remains committed to working together with Pan Trinbago in addressing the many issues facing the organisation today, including the continued development of Steel Pan as a critical cultural art form and industry.
The results are as follows:
- President – Beverly Ramsey-Moore (117), Keron Valentine (55), Keith Byer (41), Darren Sheppard (38), Lawford Dupres (21), Robert Amar (19), Vernon P. Morancie (14) and Thecla Forde-Rodriguez (2)
- Vice President – Carlan Harewood (138), Peter Kanhai (67), Aquill Arrindell (55) and Kion Robinson (42).
- Secretary – Denise Lucy Jeanne Hernandez (176), Robert Hernandez (64), Richard Forteau (42) and Cyllan Franklin (16)
- Asst. Secretary – Lauren Pierre (177), Travis Mulraine (61) and Marvin Edward (60)
- Education Officer- Marcus Ash (111), Michael Dingchong (79), Maureen Clement (62) and Khion De Las (48)
- Public Relations Officer - Sandra Awai (97), Salisha James (96), Fuad Abu Bakr (67) and Michael Joseph (41).
- External Relations Officer –Dane Gulston (126), Avis Bruce-Brown (78), Ian J. Clarke (48) and Barry Mannette (47)
- Treasurer - Gerard Mendez (123), Finbar Fletcher ( 69), Kerriann Gormandy –Walters (54) and Malcolm Gordon (52)
- Trustees (2) - Keith Simpson (153), Dawren Greenidge (95), Ross Thomas (77), Oswald Alexander (44), Phillip Barker (39), Trevor Reid (37), Roger Thomas (32), Richard Smith (29), Andy Husbands (22), Richard Gordon (21) and Keith Paul (18)
The elected officers will serve for a period of three (3) years.