National Panorama 2020 Single Pan Preliminaries judging will commence with the eight (8) bands in the Northern Region on Monday November 04, 2019. The exercise begins at 7:00 pm with Music Makers, Straker Village, Picton Road, Laventille.
The other seven (7) bands will face the adjudication panel on the following day, Tuesday November 5, at the same time, with the final eight (8) on Wednesday November 06, at 7:00 pm.
A total of fifty one (51)) bands will vie for thirty (30) places in the Semi Finals round at the Arima Velodrome, on Sunday November 17, 2019. Starting time is 4:00 pm.
Thursday November 07, is the designated start for the judging of the Eastern based bands. Seventeen (17) bands from San Juan to Sangre Grande will face the judges over a three day period ending on Saturday 09 November 2019.
South/Central Region bands will have their turn on Sunday November 10 and Monday November 11, 2019.
A total of eight (8) bands will go through their paces.
The Preliminaries come to a close with three (3) bands in Tobago on Tuesday November 12 at 8:00 pm.
he competing bands are Royal Pan Illusion, Natural Mystic and Metro Stars.
The bands will play in the following order:
Monday November 04, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- Music Makers - 19 Straker Village, Picton Road, Laventille
- Sprtee Simon Harmonics - Picton & EMR, Laventille
- Uni Stars - Old St. Joseph Rd. Bertie Marshall Blvd. Success Village, Laventille
- D'Untouchables Pan Groove - 205 Pioneer Drive, Sea lots
- Sea Lots One Love - 21A Beetham Highway, Sea Lots
- T&T Fire Service - Fire Service HQ, Wrightson Rod.
- Police Service - Old Central Police Station, Wrightson Road.
- Woodbrook Playboyz Steel Orch. - 6 Blackman Drive, W/Brook (Lions Civic Centre)
Tuesday November 05 2019 at 7:00pm
- Newtown Playboys Steel Symphony - Tragarete Road, Newtown, W/brook
- D'Original Woodbrook Modernaires - Cor. French & Tragarete Road, W/brook
- Brimblers - Cor. Warren & Gallus Sts. W/brook
- Scrunter's pan Groove - Jeffers Lane, St. James
- Nuttin Big Pan Groove - 1 Roots Lane, Petit Valley
- Ice Water Pan Ensemble - 1 Bagatelle Rod, Diego Martin
- La Creole Pan Groove - La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martin
Wednesday November 06, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- City Sun Valley - 10 Duke Street, Port of Spain
- Harlem Syncopators - 63 Quarry Street, East Dry River
- Nayal Hill Steel Orchestra - Belmont Community Centre, Belmont
- Nostrand Symphony - Norfolk Street, Belmont (Pandemonium Yard)
- Gonzales Sheikers - Basketball Court, Gonzales
- All Aces Symphony - Hutton Road, St. Ann’s
- World Wide Steel Orchestra - Hololo Mountain Road, Cascade
- La Famille United - 48 Cascade Road, Cascade
Single Pan Steelbands are permitted to perform with 25 to 35 players. For the purpose of the competition, each participating Single Pan band may select and perform any calypso/soca or chutney providing that the selection has not been played by the said steelband at a previous Panorama competition. Allotted playing time is six (6) minutes.
This year’s preliminary round will take place at the competing bands’ pan yards/communities.
Theme is “Celebrate De Pan.”