The National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago (NCC) is currently recruiting a qualified individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The selected candidate must be a self-starter, with a proven track record of strategic leadership in a Public Sector, Entertainment, Creative Industry, or Tourism/Culture management environment. They must possess a strong work ethic, and be capable of critical and creative thinking.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for providing guidance to the Executive Management Team to implement strategies and policies approved by the Board. The position supports the effective and efficient development/execution of the Commission's strategic, core tactical, and support functions.
The Chief Executive Officer is required to support the development, observance and execution of the Commission’s Strategic Plan (Vision, Mission, Objectives, and Strategies), through effective leadership of the Commission’s Executive Team. They are also responsible for the financial performance of the Commission through the efficient use of the organisation’s financial and human capital resources in the conduct of its operations.
The Chief Executive Officer must also represent the Commission and business of the Commission at various Ministerial meetings, committees, and events pertaining to the development and execution of Carnival and all Carnival-related activities, with other key stakeholders, including the Special Interest Groups.
The Chief Executive Officer is required to
- Lead the development of the Commission’s strategic plan and sets the organisational direction
- Develop new/updated organisation initiatives and revised strategic plans
- Lead organisation strategy implementation with Executive Team to ensure the national development of Carnival and related activities, customer satisfaction, revenue/cost management, and operational excellence
- Oversee annual organisation budget
- Review organisational performance and supports annual Operational Plan development
- Review and approve changes to organisational structure
- Conduct performance reviews of the Executive Management Team
Qualifications and Experience
• M.Sc./MBA in Business Management or Project Management
• Certification in Carnival Studies would be an asset
The Office of Corporate Secretary
National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago
11 St. Clair Avenue, St. Clair
Port of Spain
Please note that the closing date for the application is October 31, 2022 and all applications should be received no later than 4 pm on that day.
Technical/Professional skills, robust business acumen, organisational awareness, strategic leadership, innovative, sound communication
Experience in developing strategic partnerships and building teams
Ability to command the confidence and respect of Carnival stakeholders
Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity, and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems