Clyde Charles, Manager
The primary responsibilities of the Security department include the safeguarding NCC staff, equipment and facilities and the provision of security services to events of various sizes; with the biggest being Carnival. The Department coordinates security, not only at the Queen Park Savannah, but at other locations in Port-of- Spain, San Fernando, Arima, Biche, Chaguanas, and wherever major Carnival events are hosted by the National Carnival Commission, Regional Corporations/Boroughs and NCC Special Interest Groups.
Some of the department’s responsibilities include:
- Plan, organise and coordinate security for the largest annual security event, Carnival, along with security and law enforcement agencies, and other stakeholders
- Organise workshops for Carnival on “Security Management for Major Events” for personnel from security companies, security supervisors, Mas bands
- Evaluate security companies that tender to provide services for Carnival
- Recommend security procedures and strategic plans to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Commissioners.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning following emergency response procedures.
The Security Department has a Venue Operations Centre (VOC) in the Grand Stand of the Queen Park Savannah that uses advanced surveillance technology and trained personnel to control and manage the safety and security operations around the Savannah on a 24-hour basis, year round.